Thursday, March 27, 2008

Coming Home...

We decided earlier that we could do without a pooi yuet aka confinement lady. Since my aunt so graciously offered to help us out during the day with the cooking, we were more than happy.

The days following our homecoming from the hospital was something that will be etched in my mind for a long long time. I or rather both me & hubby never realised it would be this difficult. The crying, the nursing, the recovery from the csection was wearing me down. Maybe it had to do with us being inexperienced 1st hand parents. We didn't get help & there weren't any older folks to advised us on how to handle newborn.

So there we were from the middle of the night right tru the wee hours of the morning, just craddling luke, trying to nurse him, but the crying didn't seemed to stop. oh yes it did... our longest break was 25 mins! we came home from the hospital on friday noon & by sun morning, i just broke down in front of my aunt (who came by to help me bathe luke but i ended up taking her whole morning crying my heart out). I felt so helpless... nothing i did seemed to soothe the little boy. There were a 101possibilities... was he sick, was he cold, hot, hungry ... we tried changing his diapers just so that he'll feel comfortable. i think we over did it esp at nights. poor guy... he must probably be crying aloud "give me a break, i jus wanna have a decent sleep. can't you stop waking me up to change my diapers!"

No comments: