Wednesday, March 26, 2008

A place to call my own

We finally got the keys to our new home!
A place to call my own. My home, my abode.
Our biggest investment were to get the kitchen cabinet & wooden floorboards done up. The rest were kept minimal. Made do with whatever basic furniture we had. Most finishing were from ikea, from the cabinets to the lampshade, the table to the hooks.
Dad helped contribute a lot to making this dream of owning our own home possible.

Every off day from work was spent at the new home, cleaning, painting, organizing.
I was 7 months pregnant then and climbing up & down 3 flight of staircases, moving boxes & all was surprisingly easy. Maybe it was all the excitement & pumping adrenalin that came with having a place of my own, that made it such an easy feat. You sort of forget the tiredness. However, at the end of the day, i couldn't lift a finger. I just plonked onto the chair & drifted into a daze.

No comments: